Thursday, February 4, 2010

blog 3

After further reading of Into The Wild my opinion of McCAndless has remained the same. If anything the reading has made my original opinion of him even stronger. I still feel he is an idealist and he wanted more out of life and that's why he went on his adventure. The readings so far have shown his idealism and the reasons for his romanticised view of nature and how life should be and it is inspiring. It is inspiring but that doesn't mean I plan on following his actions. The reading have supported my opinion that McCandless wasn't insane or crazy but that he was just a guy looking for more out of life and didn't want to be stuck in society. The reading has shown through real life encounters that he could interact with people and in fact he made huge impacts on some peoples life's. The reading strengthened my opinion of him and is continuing to confirm my view of McCandless.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah that is all the same for me. What he does is calculated and thought through. He is certainly not insane or crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree, this was an adventure he took to justify his own life and in doing so sent a message to those who have now heard his story that there can be more to life than just the traditional values of society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, McCandless lead a meaningful life and was successful. He strived for more than just money and power he sought a higher purpose in life. Something that he did not believe could be achieved in the average life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throughout my reading further in the book my opinion has gotten stronger as well. Unfortunately we have opposite opinions. I believe that he should not have left to Alaska. I would understand his journey around the country. However I thought that he was careless at many important times.

    ReplyDelete